Did you know that water never freezes at exactly 32°? True. Here's the amazing part-- ice at 32° will never thaw! Seems as though water is in a state of suspended animation at 32°.
Ever have any distributors stuck at 32°? The wishy-washy ones who attend your business briefing every week, but never bring a guest? They're in but not in-terested enough to do anything. They don't quit, and they don't work the business. They seem suspended-- 32°.
I'm not sure if Yogi Berra, the great New York Yankee manager, knew about this 32° thing when he said "Nothing happens until something happens." I'll bet even Yogi faced this same dilemma with his players.
What do you suppose he did?
I've come up with a sure-fire way to heat up your 32° distributors. I call it the Sponsoring Rule of Five:
1) Sponsor only those people with whom you would like to become friends. This is simple and to the point. If you don't want them in your home, why would you want them in your business?
2) Invest your time with those you personally sponsor. Get to know them for who they are, and for who they want to become. You should know the circumstances, needs, wants, dreams and desires of everyone you personally sponsor.
3) Set up a game plan-- and follow through. Without the architectural blue print, or plan, the building would never be built. Without the commitment to complete the task, even the best plan is wasted. Plan with them and commit to partner with their plan.
4) Talk with those you sponsor every week. Friends call each other. They're interested. Over time, doing this has you develop your business with someone you know well.
5) Become close personal friends inside and outside the business. People may want to leave a business, but nobody wants to leave a friend. Network Marketing is about creating a lifestyle, so be sure to enjoy yours with the people you sponsor.