Many search engines now charge for submitting your website to the search engines. The worst part is, even after charging you, they do not guarantee they will list you. Pretty crazy if you ask us!
The fees for submitting to Search Engines run anywhere from $99 to $299 for a submission. That is a lot of advertising dollars!
We recommend not paying for a submission unless you have your own domain name, your own website, and you have learned a bit about optimizing websites. If you don't follow our advice here, you will probably just be throwing your money away.
We would recommend Pay-Per-Click search engines over paying for Search Engine submissions in the regular search engines.
If you want to start down the path of getting educated and set up with all the professional tools, www.internetnextstep.com can help you. this will take some time on your part and cost money, it is not free.
Here are the basic steps to get you started:
- Register a Domain Name, Click Here.
- Get some good WebSpace, for info and pricing, Click Here.
- Build a Website
- Select Keywords to Optimize your website for. A great tool to help you with this is available by Clicking Here. They have a really good FREE Demo.
- Optimize your Website for Search Engines, Website Optimization software that is fantastic can be looked at and a FREE Demo downloaded by Clicking Here.
Once again if you have your own website as an interface page, it could give you more control over the particular segment you go after. To see costs of webhosting, Click Here.
Some search engines are free and others now charge to have your site evaluated. If you are just submitting your Auto Prospecting Site, I do not recommend paying for a listing unless you are talking about a pay per click search engine.
Regular Search Engines
The following really only applies if you have a portal page to your teachmoney site on your own website.
Once you know your site sells, or promotes, or brands, or whatever the purpose of you Internet Strategy is based upon the pay per click search engine test traffic, you can start working toward optimizing for a keyword or two in the regular search engines.
The big thing to keep in mind is the timeframe to see results. If your opportunity cost on the time spent re-optimizing and re-optimizing is too much, you can literally be out of business before you see a return from this effort.
You may be better off looking into some software like Webposition Gold to help automate the task. Even if you decide to not go after a top ranking, Webposition Gold can help to speed up submitting, and traffic analyzing. It is invaluable if you are serious about an Internet Strategy. Click Here to learn more about Webposition Gold and what it can do for you.
If you are determined to get a top spot, you may want to consider purchasing a service that guarantees top spot. It will save you a fortune in opportunity cost if your keywords are highly contested but can cost upwards of $1000 per 3 or 4 keywords.
Search Engine Placement Tips:
The most important part when going after a search engine ranking is to make sure you have done all your preparation.
- Make sure you know what keywords you are going after.
- Make sure you have written keyword rich Titles for each web page you want indexed.
- Make sure you have written keyword rich compelling descriptions for each web page you want indexed.
- Make sure you have completed all your meta tags completely.
- Make sure you have put keywords into your graphic and link alt tags to up your keyword density.
- Make sure you title meta tag is the first metatag at the top of your heading section.
- Make sure you description is also the first paragraph on your web page.
- Make sure the body of your web page is written keyword rich.
Watch out for submission services that promise to submit you to thousands of search engines. Most of your traffic will come form the 10 largest, and the rest will just get you loaded with SPAM. If you know how to deal with all that spam, this can generate a small amount of traffic, but it really is time intensive for little return.
To take a free trial of a tool that helps you evaluate which keywords are the best, Click Here. This service is Fantastic and we use it extensively. The free version is adequate in the beginning, but as you go on, you may find yourself trying the full version for a week!
A few Links to get you Started: